Here are 20 interview questions you can use, to get started with your Informational Interviews.
Add more interview questions to this list, from the questions that could not be answered from your Basic Research Questions Checklist.
Informational Interview Questions
1. What kind of training or background is necessary for this type of work?
Make sure you don’t take up more of a person’s time than you asked for and he/she agreed to give you. You may not get through all of the above questions, but be sure to ask the last two.
- Offer to leave the office, or end the call, after 15 minutes.
- Thank the person for their time and help.
- Tell them they have been very helpful, that you would like to know more.
- Always ask: “Could you recommend someone else in the field I could talk to?”
- If you get another name and number, ask: “May I say you referred me?”
Tip: The person you call is more likely to be open to you, if you can introduce yourself by saying: “John Smith recommended I call you”.
This Link Will Take You Through Steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Program
Step 1 - Discovering Who You Are
- 1. Your Work Style Preferences
- Your Work Style Preferences Overview
- 4. Your Central Motivations
- Your Central Motivators - An Overview
- 5. Your Multiple Intelligences
- Multiple Intelligences - An Overview
- Multiple Intelligences Descriptions
- 60 Ways to Boost Your Intelligences
- How to Develop Your Intelligences
- The Quick Job Analysis Guide
- Career Chart
Step 2 - Exploring Your Career Options
- Get the FAQs About Career Exploration 9 Frequently Asked Questions on Job Searching
- Researching the Major Occupational Groups How to Do Job Research - Your Search Tool Links
Step 3 - Doing the Research For Your Dream Job
- Paper Research
- Help For Doing Paper Researching
- Online Research
- Help For Doing Research Online
- People Research Links
- Help For Doing People Researching
- How to Prepare for the Information Interview
- 20 Interview Questions for Informational Interviews
- Sample Phone Scripts for Information Interviews
- Writing the Interview Thank You Letter
- Participation Research Links
- Help For Doing Participation Researching
- Open Houses in the Workplace and at Schools
- Job Shadowing
- 21 Sample Job Shadows in the Workplace
- Temping & Volunteering as Participation Research
- 50 Basic Questions Checklist For Job Researching
Step 4 - Managing Your Career - Doing Career Planning
- Taking Care of Your Career - Building Your Toolkit
- Arriving in Your New Career - 8 Workable Career Management Options
- Preventing Burnout: The Burnout Checklist
Powered By WordPress!