Mary Joan has degrees in Education, Psychology, Theology and Counselling Psychology. She has been a Career Counsellor and Psychotherapist for the past 15 years.
During that time she has worked in EAP Counselling at the Corporate Level, in Case Management in community based employment programs, and maintained her own career counselling and psychotherapy practice. She is also a writer, researcher and teacher who has been involved in teaching at all levels from Elementary School to College.
Mary Joan is licensed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
How Do You Know When You Have Found Your Life Purpose?
Those who truly seem to be happy in their work all say: “I love what I do so much, I’d do it even if I wasn’t paid.” If you can say that about what you do, then you know you’ve found your Life’s work.
Deepak Chopra puts it this way. “Each of us manifests in physical form to fulfill a unique purpose” which he calls our ‘dharma’. And it’s up to each of us to find out what that purpose is. He says that we all have a unique talent or gift, which we are here to use in the service of others. You know you have found it, when time seems to stand still while you are doing it”.
[expand title=”How Do You Know When You Have Found Your Life Purpose?”]Those who truly seem to be happy in their work all say: “I love what I do so much, I’d do it even if I wasn’t paid.” If you can say that about what you do, then you know you’ve found your Life’s work.
Deepak Chopra puts it this way. “Each of us manifests in physical form to fulfill a unique purpose” which he calls our ‘dharma’. And it’s up to each of us to find out what that purpose is. He says that we all have a unique talent or gift, which we are here to use in the service of others. You know you have found it, when time seems to stand still while you are doing it”. [/expand]
Does Time Really Stand Still?
Time really does seem to stand still, when you are doing what you love, because you are truly present and living in the moment. Rather than feeling frantic and worried, you feel peaceful and relaxed, because you know in your heart, that if you lost your job tomorrow, you would eventually find another one like it. You are living what you came here to do.
Each one of us needs to know what that “special something” is, that is our gift to others — that is a unique expression of who we are. It has been called “your passion”. It can be a hobby, a skill or an area of interest that always fascinates you.
Know that you too can discover it … and never give up until you do! Remember that somebody, somewhere needs what you have to give.
There is a Better Way to Find a Good Career Match
“Best Career Match” can save you years of “Trial & Error”, searching for a career or job, that you can enjoy doing.
Take your time and work your way through the Career Assessments in Career Manual 1. Get to know yourself, your needs, your gifts, the special talents that you are here to share with others. These are self-assessments that you can do yourself and interpret the results with the resources provided.
You Can Do It!
“By the time you finish working through the assessments in Career Manual 1 and learning about all the Tips and Strategies in Career Manual 2 you’ll know exactly what you need to do, how to do it, where to go, who to talk to, what to say, and when to say it. You’ll feel confident and sure about yourself, and that will make you stand out head and shoulders above the others when you go for interviews.
But Best of All – you’ll be on-track to doing something you can enjoy, that you’ll love doing. You’ll have found a Career that will last a Lifetime. It’s all a matter of knowing how to go about it. And this site shows you how.
Mary Joan Coultas
This Link Will Take You Through Steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Program
Step 1 - Discovering Who You Are
- 1. Your Work Style Preferences
- Your Work Style Preferences Overview
- 4. Your Central Motivations
- Your Central Motivators - An Overview
- 5. Your Multiple Intelligences
- Multiple Intelligences - An Overview
- Multiple Intelligences Descriptions
- 60 Ways to Boost Your Intelligences
- How to Develop Your Intelligences
- The Quick Job Analysis Guide
- Career Chart
Step 2 - Exploring Your Career Options
- Get the FAQs About Career Exploration 9 Frequently Asked Questions on Job Searching
- Researching the Major Occupational Groups How to Do Job Research - Your Search Tool Links
Step 3 - Doing the Research For Your Dream Job
- Paper Research
- Help For Doing Paper Researching
- Online Research
- Help For Doing Research Online
- People Research Links
- Help For Doing People Researching
- How to Prepare for the Information Interview
- 20 Interview Questions for Informational Interviews
- Sample Phone Scripts for Information Interviews
- Writing the Interview Thank You Letter
- Participation Research Links
- Help For Doing Participation Researching
- Open Houses in the Workplace and at Schools
- Job Shadowing
- 21 Sample Job Shadows in the Workplace
- Temping & Volunteering as Participation Research
- 50 Basic Questions Checklist For Job Researching
Step 4 - Managing Your Career - Doing Career Planning
- Taking Care of Your Career - Building Your Toolkit
- Arriving in Your New Career - 8 Workable Career Management Options
- Preventing Burnout: The Burnout Checklist
Powered By WordPress!