You will find a 4-Step Self-Assessment Program. Just follow the pages on this site and work through the program yourself. It’s easy to do. Keep track of your results. All Tests, Inventories and Worksheets on this website are available in easily printable format in Career Manuals 1 and 2.
What kinds of things will you learn about yourself? You can find out what kind of personality you have, what kind of work environment compliments your personality, what your work values and your multiple intelligences are, and what motivates you.
Get the 4-Step Career Self-Assessment Program in ebook format Here
Trying to decide if going to university is the right thing for you?
Here’s what you need to know: Getting a College Education – The Real Costs
Discover the smart way to get a degree without going into major debt.
This is one of the best movies of our time. It shows how many of us follow a similar path – “The Hero’s Journey” – which appears to follow a similar pattern in our lives. As you watch this movie ask yourself: “Do I see myself – my own life – being played out in this movie?”
The Pattern goes something like this:
We feel within a strong Call to Adventure, and then someone or something comes along to give us Assistance on that quest. What is your ‘Quest’?
We set out on The Journey.
We go through many trials: Confront our fears, Slay the Dragons, and Fight our Battles.
We then reach a Crisis Point when we must make a decision.
Depending on how we decide, we reap the rewards or pay the penalty for our decision. We emerge with The Treasure from our journey.
And begin the Return Home to a New Life, having learned much along the way.
Where are you on Your Hero’s Journey?
This movie is about “Finding Your Path“, finding what you need to be doing, what you came here to do, that which uses all your gifts, your special abilities, and makes you feel wonderful as you do it.
There is a brief animation at the beginning of this movie which explains what the story is all about. The movie then follows. It may inspire and motivate you to find what Joseph Campbell called “Your Passion, Your Bliss” – Your Best Career Match. Enjoy!
How to Use This Site
Best-Career-Match is for those who are searching for a suitable job – one they can enjoy and look forward to each day. To find that kind of job requires a little self-study to get to know yourself better. You can easily do this with some honest effort.
Go through the self-assessments you will find in Career Manual 1 – 5 Easy Career Tests to Do Right Now! to determine your unique personal:
These results are then combined with the results of your research on the Major Occupation or Job Groups, to find your main ‘Field of Interest’.
Researching specific jobs, that you are attracted to within your Chosen Occupation or Field of Interest, will tell you which one is Your Dream Job.
Your Field of Interest + Your Dream Job = Your Best Career Match
This Link Will Take You Through Steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Program
Step 1 - Discovering Who You Are
- 1. Your Work Style Preferences
- Your Work Style Preferences Overview
- 4. Your Central Motivations
- Your Central Motivators - An Overview
- 5. Your Multiple Intelligences
- Multiple Intelligences - An Overview
- Multiple Intelligences Descriptions
- 60 Ways to Boost Your Intelligences
- How to Develop Your Intelligences
- The Quick Job Analysis Guide
- Career Chart
Step 2 - Exploring Your Career Options
- Get the FAQs About Career Exploration 9 Frequently Asked Questions on Job Searching
- Researching the Major Occupational Groups How to Do Job Research - Your Search Tool Links
Step 3 - Doing the Research For Your Dream Job
- Paper Research
- Help For Doing Paper Researching
- Online Research
- Help For Doing Research Online
- People Research Links
- Help For Doing People Researching
- How to Prepare for the Information Interview
- 20 Interview Questions for Informational Interviews
- Sample Phone Scripts for Information Interviews
- Writing the Interview Thank You Letter
- Participation Research Links
- Help For Doing Participation Researching
- Open Houses in the Workplace and at Schools
- Job Shadowing
- 21 Sample Job Shadows in the Workplace
- Temping & Volunteering as Participation Research
- 50 Basic Questions Checklist For Job Researching
Step 4 - Managing Your Career - Doing Career Planning
- Taking Care of Your Career - Building Your Toolkit
- Arriving in Your New Career - 8 Workable Career Management Options
- Preventing Burnout: The Burnout Checklist
Powered By WordPress!