You’ll find a 4-Step Self-Assessment Program. Just follow the pages on this site and work through the program yourself. It’s easy to do. Keep track of your results. All Tests, Inventories and Worksheets on this website are available in easily printable format in Career Manuals 1 and 2.
What kinds of things will you learn about yourself? You can find out what kind of personality you have, what kind of work environment compliments your personality, what your work values and your multiple intelligences are, and what motivates you.
Get the 4-Step Self-Assessment Program program in ebook format Here
23 Year Old American Girl is Living Her Dream
It’s not unusual for high school grads to take a “gap” year between High School and college to “find” themselves. Maggie Doyne decided to do that, in 2005, at age 18. She began to backpack her way around the world. She found herself in a remote village in Nepal, where she felt a deep sense of belonging – a sense of home. The sight of so many working children, many of them orphans, deeply concerned her. She offered to sponsor the education of one little girl. She soon realized that she could easily sponsor 5 even 10 more kids with just a few dollars. In fact, it was within her reach to build a home for these children, who had no one to take care of them, if she wanted to.
In the past 5 years, Maggie has built a home for 35 orphaned children. Beginning with the $5,000 that she’d saved from babysitting back in New Jersey, she raised enough money to build an orphanage, and a primary school to educate over 230 more. She tells her story in this video, and shares her dream of what she wants to achieve in the next few years.
GUIDING COMMENT: If this video happens to stall while you are watching it, just reload it. And take it back to where you were.
The biggest mistake people make in life is NOT making a living at doing what they most enjoy. – Malcolm Forbes (1919-1990)
Here’s what you need to know: Getting a College Education – The Real Costs
Discover the smart way to get a degree without going into major debt.
A Reality Story: The Pros and Cons of Working as a Temp
Here is an article from a temp worker, about what it’s really like on the front lines, working as a temp. This is a worker who was hired by Amazon.com to work in their fulfillment center in Phoenix. Her story will give you an idea of what many workers face when they enter the workplace as temps. She writes about that well-known shopping day called “Black Friday”.
Deepak Chopra speaks to a crowd of ten thousand high school and college students in Mexico City – exploring the relationship between personal and global wellbeing, and the need for visionary leadership, to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. Even though this takes place in Mexico, Deepak is speaking English throughout, and at the end, when the interviewers ask him questions in Spanish, he answers in English.
How to Use this Site
Best-Career-Match is for those who are searching for a suitable job – one they can enjoy and look forward to each day. To find that kind of job requires a little self-study to get to know yourself better. You can easily do this with some honest effort.
Go through the self-assessments you will find in Career Manual 1 – 5 Easy Career Tests to Do Right Now! to determine your unique personal:
These results are then combined with the results of your research on the Major Occupation or Job Groups, to find your main ‘Field of Interest’.
Researching specific jobs, that you are attracted to within your Chosen Occupation or Field of Interest, will tell you which one is Your Dream Job.
Your Field of Interest + Your Dream Job = Your Best Career Match
Links to Step 1 - The 5 Career Tests on This Site
- Step 1 - Getting Started - Discovering Who You Are
- 1. Your Work Style Preferences
- Your Work Style Preferences Overview
- 4. Your Central Motivations
- Your Central Motivators - An Overview
- 5. Your Multiple Intelligences
- Multiple Intelligences - An Overview
- Multiple Intelligences Descriptions
- 60 Ways to Boost Your Intelligences
- How to Develop Your Intelligences
- The Quick Job Analysis Guide
- Career Chart
- Getting Started - Opening the Door to Exploring New Careers
- Step 2 - An Overview
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions on Job Searching
- Get the Answers Here
- How to Do Job Research - Your Search Tool Links
- Familiarize Yourself With the Major Occupational Groups
- How to Do Job Searching
- Step 3 - An Overview
- Paper Research
- Help For Doing Paper Researching
- Online Research
- Help For Doing Research Online
- People Research Links
- Help For Doing People Researching
- How to Prepare for the Information Interview
- 20 Interview Questions for Informational Interviews
- Sample Phone Scripts for Information Interviews
- Writing the Interview Thank You Letter
- Participation Research Links
- Help For Doing Participation Researching
- Open Houses in the Workplace and at Schools
- Job Shadowing
- 21 Sample Job Shadows in the Workplace
- Temping & Volunteering as Participation Research
- 50 Basic Questions Checklist For Job Researching
- Ways to Make Yourself More Valuable to Employers
- Managing Your Career - Taking Action with Career Planning
- Taking Care of Your Career - Building Your Toolkit
- Arriving in Your New Career - 8 Workable Career Management Options
- Preventing Burnout: The Burnout Checklist
Powered By WordPress!